|Why Have a School Lunch?|
Meals at Moorside Primary School & Nursery cost £2.45 per day. Check the information below to see if you are eligible for Free School Meals.
|There are many reasons why children benefit from staying for school lunches. Children use up a great deal of energy during a full school day. They need to concentrate during lessons, let off steam at play times and recharge their batteries for the afternoon.
Eating a school meal helps to achieve this and provides the following:
For more information about school meals prepared by North Yorkshire County Caterers – follow this LINK
Free school meals are available to all key stage one pupils and to children whose parents receive certain benefits.
These include one or more of the following:
- income support;
- income-based Jobseekers’ allowance;
- income-related employment and support allowance;
- income-based and contributions-based JSA or ESA on an equal basis;
- child tax credit, provided you are not entitled to working tax credit, and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190;
- support under part VI of the immigration and asylum act 1999;
- guarantee element of state pension credit; or
- universal credit – during the initial roll-out of the benefit.
Where parents are entitled to working tax credit during a four-week “run-on” period immediately after their employment has ceased, or after they have started to work fewer than 16 hours a week, their children are entitled to free school meals.
Children who receive income support or income-based Jobseekers’ allowance in their own right are also entitled to free school meals.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by using one of the following forms:
For Children in Reception & KS1 (Y1 & Y2): please click here
For Children in KS2 (Y3, Y4, Y5 & Y6): please click here
Applications are usually processed the same day. If your child is entitled to free school meals you will receive a letter confirming the date when the meals will start. The school will also be notified. You should continue to pay until confirmation comes through. If you are not entitled to free school meals, you will be notified in writing.
Free school meal claims cannot be backdated. They are awarded from the date we receive the application, once eligibility is confirmed.
If you have moved to North Yorkshire from another authority area, your entitlement to free school meals does not automatically transfer. You will need to re-apply to us.