Equality and Diversity
At Moorside, we ensure that individuals are treated fairly and equally, no matter their race, gender, age, disability, religion or sexual orientation. Diversity is about recognising and respecting these differences to create an all-inclusive atmosphere.
We create a school ethos and environment where staff and pupils can thrive together and understand that individual characteristics make people unique and not ‘different’ in a negative way.
Our Equality Objectives are:
1. To promote diversity within the curriculum and resources with specific reference to SEND, race, religion, different family models and gender and reduce any homophobia, sexism and racism by children in school.
2. To promote and practise growth mindset and resilience. There will be no public labelling of children by attainment.
3. To promote cultural understanding and awareness of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within our school community.
4. To analyse recruitment data and trends with regard to race, gender and disability and report on this to the governing body.
We promote equality and diversity by:
- Setting clear rules in regards to how people should be treated through out Positive Behaviour policy, Anti Bullying policy and Code of Conduct.
- Challenging any negative attitudes, by consistently following the North Yorkshire Guidelines on reporting prejudice-based incidents.
- Treating all staff and pupils fairly and equally.
- Creating an all-inclusive culture for pupils and staff to make valued contributions.
- Avoiding stereotypes in examples and resources.
- Using resources with multicultural themes.
- Actively promoting multiculturalism in lessons and through theme days and weeks, which include teaching children about British Values.
- Planning lessons that reflect the diversity of the classroom.
- Ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities and participation through carefully planned spending of Pupil Premium funding.
- Making sure that learning materials do not discriminate against anyone and are adapted where necessary.
- Using a variety of teaching methods.
- Using a variety of assessment methods.
- Ensuring policies and procedures do not discriminate against anyone.
Please click here for our Equality Policy 2021.
Clicking here will take you to the Equality Act 2010.